Karshare is the UK’s first car sharing platform aimed solely at serving communities within their neighbourhoods. Using smart in-vehicle technology and a contactless process, we connect renters with car owners. This gives those with cars the opportunity to earn extra income and provides quick and easy car rental to those who need it.
Having recently closed our pre-series A funding round, Karshare is now in a fast growth phase. The Car Sharing Vehicle Technician will play a key role in developing our leading car sharing service, creating advocates which will grow our business and propel us to our Series A round.
The role offers a great opportunity for training, development and opportunities to build on your existing skills and knowledge, working on the latest technology in the industry.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package the role provides access to a company vehicle and a company phone.
To undertake installations of keyless in-vehicle technology and ensure the smooth running of the Karshare fleet.
- Undertake the preparation, fitting and commissioning of in-vehicle keyless devices.
- Autonomously carry out the fitting of in-vehicle keyless technology at the customer’s chosen time and location.
- Perform duties to a high standard against set criteria and within set time frames.
- Through your actions create an environment whereby customers are proud to be part of the Karshare community.
- Plan and organise multiple installations to optimise the use of time and costs when undertaking duties.
- Assisting in testing the vehicles to make sure that upon leaving the job the customer’s vehicle is correctly set up and ready to be shared with others.
- Working closely with the Community Support Team Leader and Community Support Executives to understand and cover any emergency installations to improve our install turnaround times.
- Provide ongoing post-install diagnostic and fleet management support to the Karshare community as required.
- Be responsible for all equipment provided in undertaking duties and ensure business tools are kept safe and used as per training.
- Ensure the volume, success rate and turnaround of installs is closely tracked and monitored.
- Continually look for ways to speed up and improve the installation process sharing this knowledge with the wider team.
- A self-starter: resilient with a positive outlook.
- A passion for solving problems.
- A people person: friendly, polite, professional and an excellent communicator.
- Goal-driven: you have a desire to grow and excel in your role, and your career.
- Highly motivated, organised and able to consistently operate with a high degree of attention to detail in order to ensure customer satisfaction standards are maintained.
- A good understanding of vehicle roadworthiness, vehicle maintenance and upkeep and practical abilities to support in fleet management activity where applicable.
- Comfortable working with technology / digital tools in order to complete tasks.
- Flexible – this field role is South West London based but likely that at times travel outside of London will be required. Equally, while based on a 40-hour week (Monday to Friday – 9am to 6pm) flexibility is required to manage meeting customers at their preferred times and sometimes Saturday visits may be required (time in lieu will be given back). Karshare has a flexible approach to how you manage your time, and we need you to be flexible too.
- A car owner – you get what car sharing is about and plan to car share yourself, either as an owner or renter.
- L2 City and Guilds or L2 IVQ in Motor Vehicle Systems or Equivalent.
- At least 3 year’s motor vehicle systems (electrical and mechanical) work experience with a minimum of 12 months experience in the installation of in-vehicle tracking / telematics devices.
- Full clean driving licence with a maximum 3 points.
- Access to a company van
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. In addition an increase of 1 day every year after 2 years of service up to a maximum of 28 days.
- Take your birthday off as an extra day’s holiday.
- Standard contributory pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- A minimum of £250 for every employee to use towards their professional development.
- 5 free rental days a year using a car from our platform.
- £100 for any new Owners you get signed up for us in new city launches.
- Up to 2 employee social responsibility days to use for a cause or charity of your choice.
- We love recommendations – we will pay £750 if you successfully recommend a permanent employee.
- Regular team building fun events and organised nights to the pub.