My client is a leader in the global wines and spirits industry with an annual turnover of €10bn. They are responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of a leading portfolio of premium spirits, wines and champagne.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Strategy and Transformation department is focused on accelerating the company performance, significantly growing value market share over the next 3 years. There are 6 specialist areas working closely together within the Strategy and Transformation team: Transformation Office, Insights and Marketing Effectiveness, Category Development, Revenue Growth Management, Integrated Business Planning, and Field Sales Planning.
The Insights team, where this role sits, deliver a deep understanding of the UK consumer/shopper and the trends impacting the market to inform how we position our brands for success – influencing the marketing and commercial plan, revealing the full path to purchase from traditional media, to social media, e commerce, in bar / store.
- Maintain a macro market view of the UK retail environment and shopping behaviour, keeping pace with emerging trends in shopper/e-shopper and ensure this is shared the wider business – driving implementation with relevant teams.
- Create an annual shopper/e- shopper research plan in order to maximise effectiveness of available spend against brands and customers.
- Own and develop Omnichannel Shopper segmentation and ensure relevant segments are understood and used within the business – working closely with customer marketing team to ensure full understanding and influence asset production informed by key shopper types/occasions. Accelerate and develop our understanding of the On to Off Trade influence.
- Deliver step change in understanding of e commerce shopper (specialist, pure play and .com) working alongside the E Comm commercial team and digital team (esp UX) to build a competitive advantage, accessing research data, customer data and Ecomm data hub to support thinking.
- Manage the Insight team’s delivery of all shopper projects, ensuring that they are carried out to a high standard with actionable findings. Make use of in house tools (MATRIX, Toluna self service, Radarly Social Listening, PRIME, eCommerce Data Hub, Dunnhumby) to inform holistic insights.
- Working alongside the Centre of Excellence for Shopper and E-Shopper understanding, develop knowledge of contemporary research techniques and make sure we use the most appropriate and up-to-date methodologies
- Support brand and customer marketing team in transition to developing shopper platform assets
- Work closely with the the category team, taking UK Shopper insights to key customers in order to build relationships and unlock growth opportunities for our brands
To be the expert in research techniques and ensure all analysis is carried out to a high standard, using appropriate methodologies and that learnings are properly considered in relevant decision making.
Min 4 years relevant experience in consumer/shopper insights role at leading research agency or client side insights team
Specific experience in Shopper and Eshopper Market Research and understanding
NPD/Innovation testing experience
If this opportunity sounds like it could be a good fit for you or someone in your team – please get in touch directly at email@example.com
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!