Who they are
Our client is a highly ambitious, London-based, food & drink consultancy on a mission to inspire their customers with expert insight and world-class data powered by analytical thinking, outstanding expertise, and leading technology. They work with some of the largest names in the food and drink space along with emerging brands, retailers & hospitality leaders.
The insight team is responsible for all their project outputs, for both their core syndicated products and consultancy projects, delivered to their client base of FMCG suppliers, retailers, operators, and associations. Their vision is to be “one team of experts delivering business critical data and customized and predictive insight”.
The foundations of this role will be using data to create actionable insight that inspires and tells a story. Working on a mix of projects, harnessing interesting data from multiple sources and overlaying this with expert industry knowledge.
This is a brilliant opportunity to shape, lead and manage your own projects. Good teamwork is an essential element, and you will be in good company in a supportive, creative, and driven team. They encourage everyone to have an opinion and the confidence to share it. They are a small but vibrant company where you will be visible, accountable, and rewarded for success.
What you’ll be doing as a Senior Insight Manager:
- Communicating and delivering presentations, representing the insight team at internal events and being an ambassador for the brand and their insights externally
- Manage and oversee client or syndicated projects from proposal stage, through to client management and delivery. Ensure high standards are met and projects are delivered on time, managing both internal and external expectations.
- Plan and manage team capacity, matching tasks to capacity, availability, and capability/areas of expertise
- Own the project workflow schedule to ensure the wider business is kept up to date
- Review, feedback, and quality control outputs created by more junior members of the team
- Line management and coaching Insight Managers to develop their skills and careers
You will support and lead the team to:
- Be accountable for creating insight with quality interpretation of data and research
- Extract compelling and actionable recommendations from data, making use of storytelling principles and expert data visualisation
- Research and explore the food and drink markets and trends
- Work alongside the client sales team to ensure content delivery is consistent across the business, from insight creation to end delivery, staying close to client feedback and changing demands
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience in an insights delivery role
- Expertise in retail markets including Grocery
- Proven results in a similar/relevant insight role either agency side, FMCG manufacturer, retailer, or foodservice operator background
- Confident in explaining and presenting data and insight
- A solid understanding of research methodologies and data analysis
- Technical skills – data literate and comfortable using a data visualization and analysis platform
- ·Excellent data visualisation and an eye for design
- People management is a bonus but not essential
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!