My client is a global, category leading FMCG business who are looking for a Category Manager (MAT leave cover) to join their fast-paced Sales team. Working across retail, the successful candidate will work with award winning and staple household grocery brands. Evolving the category vision, you will assist in developing ideas to drive category growth across a portfolio of channels.
This is a business that offers loads of great benefits, an exciting culture, training, and progression opportunities.
As a Category Manager your purpose will be to:
- Develop and deliver long-term plans and strategies for the defined category/ies
- Work closely with external data suppliers on both a local and global scale
- Generate key category insights by overlooking and analysing consumer behaviours and market trends, identifying new business opportunities
- Optimise ranges by developing and leading Category Management projects
- Establish and build relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the effective integration of insights into the businesses decision making process.
The ideal Category Manager will have:
- 5+ years of category (and ideally shopper) experience within the FMCG (food) sector
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective interpersonal skills and a strong ability to negotiate
- Degree or equivalent
- Experience using data systems (IRI, Nielsen, Kantar, etc).
Salary: c.£80,000 as a whole package
Location: This role will be based from home initially but eventually you will work flexibly between home and their Head Office in North-West of London
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!