Who they are
My client is a highly ambitious, London-based, food & drink consultancy on a mission to inspire customers with expert insight and world-class data powered by analytical thinking, outstanding expertise, and leading technology.
They are looking for Sales Executive to join their growing sales & marketing team. But this is more than a standard sales role. This is an opportunity to work collaboratively and consultatively with their partners to drive business growth, and as part of a high performing team which is redefining the role of business development within the agency environment.
The Sales Executive will work within the sales function through working with new business clients and growing existing clients spend, nurturing leads through networking, digital marketing and face to face engagement.
- Generate, nurture and close sales leads across the product portfolio
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline across new business and existing clients, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Understand prospect & client insight and data needs and business strategy.
- Write detailed commercial proposals, from client brief, with cost and timings.
- Conduct desk research to identify selling opportunities
- Lead demos of products
- Make recommendations to clients and negotiate contract agreements
- Source and engage prospective companies. Force trusted relationships based on adding value
- Attend conferences & networking events to develop sales leads
- Understand our products, subscriptions, reports and solutions in detail and able to articulate these clearly to prospects, linking to their business needs and goals
- Update CRM systems accordingly
Required Skills and Experience:
- Adept at gleaning information from prospects and converting to detailed proposals
- Confident and willing to develop pitching and sales negotiation
- Initiative and tenacity, willingness to try new things and learn fast
- Experience within the UK hospitality/food service and/or retail sector is preferential, but sector knowledge is not essential. An interest in food & drink is preferred
- Willing to build network internally & externally to develop your skills & knowledge
- Excellent organisational and self-management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Highly personable, with a keen interest in helping customers and building long term relationships
- A passion for winning and ability to work independently
£25,000 – £30,000 + 25% Bonus
- If this role seems of interest to you or someone in your network, please get in touch directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!