Sales Account Manager
Karshare is the UK’s first 100% keyless car sharing platform aimed at reducing carbon emissions by making it easy to use a car without owning one. Using smart technology we connect renters with car owners, giving those with cars the opportunity to earn extra income while providing quickly and easily car rental to those who need it.
As we approach our series A funding round, Karshare is in a fast growth phase having launched five cities in the past 12 months with big plans for 2022. The London Community Manager will play a key role in driving our regional expansion in the capital and beyond.
Through car sharing, we are creating a more sustainable, shared future, where having a car can be seen as a choice, not a necessity. Join us!
- Own and scale the growth of car owners sharing their cars with Karshare in London.
- Develop and implement a regional growth strategy for London based upon the learnings of the broader community management team to date.
- Generate interest for Karshare and car sharing amongst your own London network, driving demand amongst car owners, car renters and local businesses.
- Educate local communities – individuals as well as organisational stakeholders – about car sharing and the environmental benefits.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers – as well as potential and existing partners.
- Represent Karshare at events and in conversations with community organisations; local authorities and the broader mobility sector.
- Explore fresh ways to get in front of potential customers, unlocking new target markets.
- Collaborate with Operations colleagues during the customer onboarding and install process: provide a seamless experience for customers, demonstrably knowledgeable about the Karshare tech and car sharing experience.
- Support the growth of the wider community manager team as we scale and develop different segment expertise.
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for what we’re doing and a desire to grow the Karshare community.
- Build a community of advocates among existing Karshare owners and renters, supporting the growth of referrals as a key growth channel.
- Be the face of Karshare at local networking events and press opportunities.
- Support Karshare’s social media activities by gathering local photo and video content.
- A self starter: resilient with a positive outlook. Comfortable setting a plan and executing, with the support of the wider Karshare marketing team.
- Sales or business development experience. Happy to work to targets; motivated by driving growth.
- Goal driven: you have a desire to grow and excel in your role, and your career.
- A people person: friendly and an excellent communicator, able to inspire others into action.
- Purpose driven: you want Karshare to succeed because you understand how car sharing can help create a more sustainable future.
- Dedicated to creating delightful customer experience: you radiate this in your interactions with potential customers.
- Comfortable presenting to groups of people – be it a small customer event or to a partnership organisation.
- A team player: You are committed to the success of the community manager team and enjoy collaborating closely with others to achieve a common goal.
- Prior experience of transport / mobility / sustainability with existing network / sector knowledge to enable you to hit the ground running.
- Copywriting skills to support the development of the Karshare blog
- Resident of south London in order to support with our initial launch areas (Lambeth, Wandsworth, Southwark etc).
- Clean driving licence. As either a car owner or renter, you get what car sharing is about and plan to car share yourself.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing, Business or a related field would be advantageous but not essential.
Benefits of working at Karshare
- Employer pension contribution.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. After 2 years service this increases by an additional day every 2 years up to 28 days.
- Birthday is an extra holiday day.
- Flexible working hours and environment: Hybrid remote / office based.
- Quarterly team building / fun events.
- Up to two employee social responsibility days per year to use to volunteer for a cause or charity of your choice.
- Proactive professional development opportunities, including an annual learning and development budget for every Karshare employee. (Min. £250 / year)
- Regular employee discount for Karshare rentals: 5 free days rental a year.
- £100 cash incentive for all car owners signed up by Karshare staff.
- Quarterly after pay day drinks evening (post Covid) with a per person budget so remote workers can take part.
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!