A great opportunity has opened for someone with buying experience within the food industry to join a FMCG business as a Procurement Manager!
If you are looking to step up and progress your career further, within a great company this could be the role for you!
This is a company you’ll love to join as they have been operating for several years, expanding quickly. With the workload they have faced in the past few months they require an ambitious individual to step up as a Procurement Manager and create long term savings, an important area of the business, You will get to work with one of the most popular brands in Britain and be part of an ambitious enthusiastic team. More specifically your focus will be to globally source for the brand within the direct procurement team.
You’ll be responsible for creating strategic sourcing methods, negotiating prices with new suppliers, ensure costs are managed and achieve budgets for the globally recognised brand.
They are looking for people with drive and enthusiasm to take their procurement team to the next level.
- Ensure commercial requirements are met within the direct procurement team.
- Work with logistic and planning teams to ensure products are delivered successfully and meet the requirements
- Create and manage category plans for different spend categories considering risk management
- Monitor suppliers and if the level of required service is being met, if not act accordingly
- Procurement point of contact for co packer contracts
The ideal candidate will have category management experience and previous procurement experience, within the food industry. Negotiating is a key part of this role and additionally, as a candidate you should be,
- Degree level educated or equivalent
- Pay a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Well Organised and brilliant negotiating skills
- Confident – speaking with suppliers and trying to get the best deal we need someone who can back themselves and our business
- Experience working on long term projects
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!