My client is an up and coming SME logistics company looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join their expanding team based in West London.
They are very collaborative and full of enthusiasm, always willing to help each other out and go the extra mile to deliver outstanding customer service.
Even as a small company, they operate on a global scale and operate in a fast-paced environment.
If a Logistics Coordinator job is on your Christmas list, then you’ve found the right role!
You will be joining the import team and assisting with the high volume of customers they are currently dealing with.
As a Logistics Coordinator you will be responsible for ensuring that the service targets set are met on a daily basis through management of the 3PL and international service providers. It is also important to ensure that the communication with customers and other teams within the business remain effective.
You must be able to continuously look for solutions in order to solve problems and be proactive in challenging the norm in order to find new and innovative ways to drive improvements.
You will be responsible for:
- Booking deliveries on a daily basis with the haulage company, ensuring they are meeting deadlines and are delivered On Time and In Full
- Bringing attention to any issues that arise regarding costs to the relevant person within the team
- Using the logistics planning tool to control the flow of orders in transit, monitoring their status and updating accordingly
- Communicating with the customers’ when there is a delay/issue with the shipment
- Degree calibre or equivalent working experience
- Previous experience working in a fast pace environment and dealing with heavy workloads
- Strong experience skills in Excel and general IT
- Have a strong attention to detail and good communication skills
- Previous experience in either road or sea freight