To prepare in-vehicle technology ensuring the build pace of keys meets our growing demands to ensure Owners can be onboarded as timely and seamlessly as possible.
Karshare is the UK’s first car sharing platform aimed solely at serving communities within their neighbourhoods. Using smart in-vehicle technology and a contactless process, we connect renters with car owners. This gives those with cars the opportunity to earn extra income and provides quick and easy car rental to those who need it. Karshare is seeking a Car Sharing Key Build Technician to support the deployment of in-vehicle technology. Specifically, the role will make ready the technology hardware that is installed into owner’s vehicles. Full training will be given and the role provides career development and the opportunity to build on your existing skills and knowledge, working with the latest technology in the industry, to develop a centre of excellence within Karshare for in-vehicle technology.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Fully support Community and Fleet Support colleagues to ensure keys being considered for integration are compatible with the in-vehicle technology.
- Once confirmed, take receipt of keys and undertake the preparation of in-vehicle keyless devices.
- Be responsible for all equipment provided in undertaking duties and ensure business tools are kept safe and used as per training.
- At all times maintain accurate records so it’s clear across the business which keys are being handled and the build success rate.
- Continually look for ways to enhance the key build process and share this knowledge with the wider team.
- Perform duties to a high standard against set criteria and within set time frames.
- Through your actions create an environment whereby customers are proud to be part of the Karshare community.
- Assist with admin fleet tasks ensuring spreadsheets are kept up to date.
- Perform other responsibilities as required within your skillset to assist in as required.
Your Skill Set
- A minimum of 12 months relevant experience with an understanding of circuitry / soldering onto circuit boards (full training provided) and a vehicle enthusiast.
- Full clean driving licence with a maximum 3 points.
- A self-starter: resilient with a positive outlook who is comfortable working remotely complete tasks.
- A passion for solving problems.
- A people person: friendly, polite, professional and an excellent communicator.
- Goal-driven: you have a desire to grow and excel in your role, and your career.
- Highly motivated, organised and able to consistently operate with a high degree of attention to detail in order to ensure customer satisfaction standards are maintained.
- Comfortable working with spreadsheets / technology / digital tools to complete tasks and able to work independently.
- The role will be predominantly working from home building keys* and completing admin tasks although there may be times when you are required to visit cars around London. The role is based on a 40-hour week (Monday to Friday – 9am to 6pm) but occasionally you may need to change these hours and lieu time would be given back. Karshare has a flexible approach to how you manage your time; we need you to be flexible too.
* If your home set up is not suitable for building keys Karshare will provide a solution for another location to build keys from
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays. In addition, an increase of 1 day every year after 2 years of service up to a maximum of 28 days.
- Take your birthday off as an extra day’s holiday.
- Standard contributory pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- A minimum of £250 for every employee to use towards their professional development.
- 5 free rental days a year using a car from our platform.
- £100 for any new Owners you introduce (new city launches)
- Up to 2 employee social responsibility days to use for a cause or charity of your choice.
- We love recommendations – we will pay £750 if you successfully recommend a permanent employee.
Competitive salary and benefits package
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!