Our clients are experts in market and consumer insight across the food & drink industry. They are part of an internationally recognised and respected Food and Drink marketing and advertising business.
The insight team is responsible for all their content outputs, for both their core syndicated products and client consultancy projects. This insight is delivered to their client base of FMCG suppliers, retailers, operators and associations. Their vision is to be “one team of experts delivering business critical data and customised and predictive insight”.
The foundations of this role will be using data to create actionable insight that inspires and tells a story. They will give you the support to learn about the structure and detail of the UK food and drinks market, then combine this with existing numerical skills to create leading insight products. Working on a mix of projects, harnessing interesting data from multiple sources and overlaying this with expert industry knowledge.
This is a brilliant opportunity for anyone with a passion for the UK food & drinks market. Good teamwork is an essential element, and you will be in good company in a supportive, creative, and driven team. We encourage everyone to have an opinion and the confidence to share it. We are a small, but vibrant, company where you will be visible, accountable, and rewarded for success.
• Create insight with quality interpretation of data and research
• Extracting compelling and actionable recommendations from data, making use of storytelling principles and data visualisation
• Contribute to the creation of market leading reports that are highly regarded in the sector
• Update critical information and forecast future figures across grocery and hospitality brands
• Create compelling and informative analysis pieces and presentations
• Research and explore the food and drink markets and trends
• Create visually appealing dashboards that allow users to self-serve data
• Work collaboratively with other departments in the business (including client team, marketing, and research/data) to ensure outputs meet client needs and to increase the reach of our insight externally
• Ensure requests are delivered with quality, accuracy and to time
Required Skills and Experience:
• Relevant degree with statistics modules and/or work experience in data/insights
• Experience with statistics and data analysis and manipulation – strong numerical skills
• Able to explain and present data and insight
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good organisational skills, with a flexible approach to working independently and collaboratively
• Passionate about food and drink
• Strong eye for design and high attention to detail
• Confident in addressing and presenting to audiences virtually and physically of varying sizes
• Experience/confident working with large data sets
Not essential, but desirable:
• Previous experience with dashboard and data visualisation tools such as Power BI
• Previous experience within the grocery or hospitality sector
• Hospitality sector industry knowledge
• Advanced analytics and coding experience
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!