My client is a renowned FMCG company and is seeking a recent entry-level graduate who is hungry to kick-start their logistics career!
The client in question is a prestigious market leader located in Surrey, offering the opportunity for someone to grow and develop within the imports/exports space.
In addition to the base salary is the offer of hybrid working on a 3-in – 2-home basis, as well as flexible working hours.
The ideal candidate will be a committed individual with an eye for detail, good communication, and the ability to work independently. A willingness to learn and adapt will also be essential as the role will expanded in time to incorporate greater responsibilities.
Hands-on training on internal systems and industry knowledge will be provided, the candidate expected to progress at a steady pace.
The ideal candidate will be actively looking to establish a foothold within the industry and be on-board for the long haul.
Non-graduates with prior logistics experience, particularly in import and/or export operations, would also be welcome. (Experience with road freight will also be beneficial).
Job responsibilities include:
- Ensuring any documentation is compliant with current regulations
- Coordinating responses and resolving issues relating to customs clearance
- Tracking shipments in progress and reporting supply issues
- Ensuring documentation and freight costs conform to agreed terms.
- Producing import documentation to ensure the smooth transportation of freight across borders.
- Establishing communication links between transport and supply to ensure smooth arrival and delivery of goods.
Skills and experience:
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Drive and motivation
- Clear and effective communication
- Understanding of current import and export controls is useful but not necessary.
- Logistics experience is also welcome but not essential.
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!