Our client is one of the biggest food manufactures in the world – making instantly recognisable treats that have become a staple in the homes of billions! They’re passionate about the people that work at the business as they sow the very fabric of what the company is about – community, enjoyment, and family.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior consumer insights/FMCG insights professional to take a step up and join one of the largest food businesses in the world! They have an exciting and unique opportunity within their R&D function for a Head of Consumer Technical Insights!
In the role you will manage consumer assessment and qualification of all UK & Ireland (UK&I) innovation, renovations, brand stewardship, productivity, and future proofing initiatives – defining consumer success criteria, claims opportunities, consumer co-creation, product design support and developing and performing learning plan to drive business growth.
The role demands strong technical and interpersonal capabilities to:
- Build and manage sensory capability and QDA panel
- Raise the consumer research profile
- Secure alignment to consumer success criteria and research principles/design and global findings plans
- Deliver consumer science learning plan in support of innovation projects, which represent significant financial opportunities for the business.
The role is highly visible and will require the ability to lead a team & work cross functionally across leadership teams.
- Deep knowledge and experience spanning the interpretation/translation of consumer insights into a technical product/pack development glide-path
- Proven ability to link consumer insights with technical solutions and develop models to direct development
- Deep knowledge and proficiency in standard process Consumer Science methodologies: quantitative and qualitative research, benchmarking, claims development and Stage & Gate process
- Strong business partner; proven ability to work collectively across commercial and technical functions and build strong relationship with Consumer Marketing Insights (CMI)
- Strong internal influencing and aligning across functions
- Ability to focus on critical learning to disproportionately build understanding and drive projects forward
- Ability to nurture and grow talent and deepen expertise and business impact of Consumer Science teams
- Previous experience in snacking/foods FMCGs
- Consumer Science/Sensory experience in packaging
- Moderating experience
- Statistical analysis capability
- End to End innovation
This role is hybrid working – based 3 days a week in Buckinghamshire.
Salary: ranging between £75,000 – £110,000 depending on experience.
If this role sounds of interest – please apply now or reach out directly: email@example.comAPPLY