My client influences purchase decisions by connecting consumers, CPG brands and retailers through their intelligent promotions platform. They combine our unique technology and unrivalled expertise so that marketers can engage consumers and inspire them to purchase their products in the store or channel of their choice. They provide an enviable client roster of retailers and CPG manufacturers with essential business services.
But new products, new solutions and new routes to market are all part of an exciting high growth strategy, meaning that now is the right time to bring in a Head of Retail to help drive the revolution of the commercial team and realise the significant opportunities ahead.
The primary purpose of this role is to:
- Deliver and grow new business revenues from existing and prospective retail clients
- Oversee the management of our existing retail clients and the delivery of agreed SLAs
- Help clients and prospects grow their business using promotional marketing techniques underpinned by compelling offers targeted to the desired shopper
- Enthuse and inspire our clients and the commercial team about our solutions and services
- Ensure the realisation of commercial opportunities, through the creation and execution of business plans that deliver for our clients
- Ensure the business is connected at a strategic level across its clients and partners
The Head of Retail needs to be a self-starter, with good communication skills and strong commercial judgment. This individual will be expected to lead a newly created Business Unit, which will require them work independently and use their own initiative to build relationships – working independently and collaboratively with colleagues to excite new prospects while meeting high standards for our existing client base.
- Lead the development and delivery of the Retail Business Unit
- Ensure the business connected at a strategic level across its clients and partners
- Build and extend strong relationships with key UK Retail clients
- Achieve budgeted new sales revenues and gross margin targets
- Create and manage the go-to-market strategy for retail clients and prospects
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and proposals
- Identify client opportunities and issues and create solutions that address these
- Negotiate and close sales and see contracts through to completion
- Prepare, monitor, and report progress against sales action plans
- Support the utilisation of CRM and reporting systems, processes, and other sales infrastructure to drive sound decision making and operational efficiency
- Monitor market conditions and competition and keep up to date with industry trends.
- Work with Campaign Delivery team to ensure a high-quality service is delivered to clients and that at a minimum, client expectations are met
- Build a positive team environment and develop relationships across the group to surface business and process improvement opportunities
- Partner with marketing and lead generation functions to establish successful demand generation, trade marketing, channel, and partner programs
- Leverage international client relationships where helpful and share best practices with other European sales teams
- Assist in other related activities as requested from time to time by the company
- Experience of CPG and grocery retail industry
- 5-10 years sales experience (preferably in a digital environment)
- Proven track record of consistently delivering revenue targets
- Well versed in all aspects of the sales cycle and delivering against sales processes
- Extensive experience in personally structuring deals and negotiating terms
- Proven ability to understand the clients’ underlying objectives and create solutions to address these
- Proven ability to lead and manage sales staff
- Experience of retail media networks, personalised marketing, consumer analytics, data commercialisation an advantage
This role is hybrid with 1-2 days per week in the office in South East UK.
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!