My client is an established global consumer products business with some well known brands.
They require a Category Manager to join the business across a personal care category and manage all customers.
You will be reporting to the Head of Category Management & Shopper Marketing, and will be responsible for all aspects of Category Development inc. Promotional Review and Analysis & Shopper Insights within our UK customer base for a respective Category. You will be responsible for overseeing the development of channel and retailer plans across brands and retailers.
· Identify and develop category/shopper data insights and drivers
· Work with sales team to formulate customer strategies/tactics & supporting trade plans
· Work with sales & marketing teams to ensure customer plans are aligned with brand/category/retailer strategies
· Overseeing the day to day management of the IRI database
· Continuous/ad hoc analysis using IRI sources
· Build customer presentations & proposals for range reviews including product, merchandising/space recommendations and supporting rationale
· Formulate and execute category management plans for UK retailers
· Work with Shopper Marketing Manager to ensure best in class execution & review
· Ensure customer activity plan activation in conjunction with sales team & shopper marketing manager
· Pre/Post – evaluation of promotional activity to justify ROI & effectiveness, and share learnings back with commercial teams to help shape future plans
· Ensure IRI & Kantar databases & tools are kept up to date and reflective of business needs
· Attend sales & marketing meetings
· Attend customer meetings – take Customer Marketing lead at top 4 customer meetings
· Assist Head of Category Management in instilling Category Management principles & practices
· Drive/raise profile of Customer Marketing department both internally and externally
· Work cross functionally & build relationships with all relevant departments, establish close working relationship with the Sales & Marketing teams
· Create & develop contact/relationships within;
o Customer base (commercial & operational)
o Data & Insight Partners
o Retailer media partners