Business Intelligence Analyst
Karshare is one of the UK’s fastest growing car sharing communities. We connect renters with owners, creating a more sustainable, shared future where we can do more with less. It is our purpose to create a world where we never have more cars than we need, through community car sharing. We have a vision to power the move the net zero by making it easy to use a car without owning one.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer who is passionate about transforming complex source data into insights that inform high-level decision making. You need to love working with data, transforming it, creating data visualisations, analysing data and speaking with stakeholders across the organisation to gather requirements and produce effective solutions.
The role provides a fantastic opportunity to influence and shape the strategy and delivery of key reporting processes within our AWS and Google environments. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of business reporting using various business intelligence tools and databases, including DynamoDB, Superset, Rockset, Google Data Studio, Redshift and Matillion ETL. You will also be expected to provide ad-hoc data analysis and supporting user self-serve reporting.
Your job responsibilities
● Working with the Director of Information Systems, and other business stakeholders, to scope and document needs.
● Provide work completion estimates and maintain a delivery roadmap.
● Design and produce effective dashboard visualisations and other reporting.
● Train and support staff on self-serve reporting within the organisation.
● Maintain and enhance existing ETL processes and visualisations.
● Using SQL, provide ad-hoc data analysis and queries across the business.
● Maintain integrity and accessibility of data.
● Troubleshoot and issue resolution of reporting.
Your skill set
● Strong understanding of relational databases, data management, data cleansing and dimension modelling.
● Expertise with one or more visualisation tools (for example, Power BI, Tableau, Google Data Studio, Sisense, Superset, Qlik, Chartio, Domo or Grow).
● Ability to gather requirements and manage stakeholders with good communication and organisation skills.
● Strong SQL scripting skills.
● Experience working with ETL tools and data transformation.
● Experience with DAX.
● Proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets.
● Ability to work in teams or autonomously.
● A passion and appreciation for Karshare’s mission and excitement for where we are headed.
● Nice to have: Experience with AWS.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who is passionate about our core values:
● Doing more with less.
● Whatever the problem is, we own it.
● We pay attention to detail.
● We listen to understand how to do better.
● We learn when we fail and don’t blame.
● We are humbly curious to do better.
All Karshare employees also benefit from:
● Extra holiday day on your birthday.
● Flexible working hours/environment.
● Up to 2 employee social responsibility days per year to use to volunteer for a cause or charity of your choice.
● Professional development opportunities, including an annual learning and development budget.
● Choice from selected health and wellness opportunities.
We’re currently operating on a hybrid working model (2 days a week in the office), our head office is located in Tottenham Court Road, London. We will continue with flexible remote working post COVID-19.
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!