Who we are We are William Reed.
We are the leading expert in the global Food & Drink industry.
From manufacturing through to retail and hospitality – we provide the inspiration, insight and connections to power our customers’ success.
Our specialists are deeply engaged in their markets and are recognised as the most trusted professionals in their field.
For 160 years, our diverse portfolio of trusted brands has delivered the information our clients need, reaching audiences through outstanding digital media, insights, prestigious awards, innovative exhibitions, events and print.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
Position The responsibility and focus of a Business Development Manager is to identify new revenue opportunities and initiate contact with key brands within the sector. As an experienced salesperson, we would expect the successful candidate to target clients in order to meet and/or exceed all relevant financial and strategic targets. The candidates will need to be confident in approaching, pitching and closing senior level executives by articulating the proposition effectively and managing the sales process, from cold call through to close of the deal.
This role is a mix of telephone-based sales and face-to-face activity through meetings and at trade shows. The candidate must be highly ambitious and determined to succeed, eager to join a growing business must be totally focused on the job in hand and be prepared to work hard and try multiple approaches in order to ‘open doors’ win additional business.
The Business Development Manager reports directly to the Commercial Manager within their team and will receive training, coaching & management from them.
Requirements The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Deliver a personal contribution to achieving new business sales targets across the portfolio and provide input and execution of the new business strategic direction of the brands
- Execution of the full sales lifecycle; from prospecting and calling Owners/ Directors/ Heads of marketing, through to closing of the deal.
- Work with the content and marketing teams to support and create commercial opportunities
- Collaborate with other William Reed brands to support existing and develop new commercial opportunities
Skills and Experience needed
- Strong B2B sales experience, ideally within media, conferences, exhibitions, sponsorship, print or digital
- A pro-active, tenacious working attitude with a high pace of work
- Entrepreneurial attitude, ambitious and financially driven
- Proven track record of New Business sales
- Capable with online prospecting; Google, LinkedIn, social media, press releases and various means of gaining an insight into a prospect prior to contact.
- Professionally sales trained (preferable but not essential)
- Strong communication and presentation skills at C level/ Director Owner level
- Demonstrate relationship / rapport building by fostering and development of key client relationships
- Demonstrate Charisma, Positive tone / aptitude for effective sales communication including strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrate an advanced sales approach including development of sales packages, sponsorship through creative thinking and problem solving
- Proven ability to analyse and report effectively
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Fundamentally, you will need to be personable, credible, professional and have a tenacious approach and a person that “can make things happen.”
Other information We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees. Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; Singapore and Chicago, US. In line with the Company’s current Agile Working Policy, the successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our Crawley office and to work remotely for the rest of the week.
We warmly welcome and encourage applications from talented individuals of all backgrounds and characteristics. If you need any support in accessing this opportunity, please do not hesitate to discuss this with us.
Company benefits include
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Contributory Pension
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Opportunity to participate in the Company’s Agile Working PolicyJob Functions
This job is no longer available. Head over to JOBS to browse our current opportunities!