This newly created position offers an exciting opportunity to join a growing business as a Sales Ledger Accounts Assistant. As part of a fast-paced finance department, you will work closely with the Finance Business Partner to oversee the Sales Ledger for three entities. Reporting directly to the Finance Business Partner, you will play a vital role in managing sales ledger billing and credit control duties, while also contributing to the implementation of new stock management and ERP systems projects.
- Raise and code sales invoices, debit notes, and credit notes using Girosoft ERP system and third-party billing systems for all three entities.
- Maintain sales invoice register and process invoices into Sage 50 Accounts accurately.
- Generate proforma invoices and set up new customers in Sage 50 Accounts.
- Run aged debtors reports bi-monthly and perform credit control duties.
- Allocate payments on account and liaise with accountants for month-end close and contract reviews.
- Participate in monthly meetings with Finance Business Partner for billing and process discussions.
- Request and review EH Credit Insurance Reports for credit assessment.
- Resolve internal and external queries promptly.
- Complete audit confirmation forms and handle filing and archiving tasks regularly.
- The role will suit an active Accounts studier in early stages (AAT, ACCA, CIMA)
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping and VAT
- Ideally, the candidate will have a background in distribution or manufacturing.
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly adapt and work independently with minimal assistance.
- Possesses excellent communication and interpersonal skills, capable of effectively interacting with non-finance personnel.
- Displays a strong attention to detail, ensuring accuracy in all tasks.
- Exhibits the ability to work autonomously, prioritize tasks, handle pressure, meet tight deadlines, and make day-to-day decisions in managing the accounts receivable function.
- Previous experience working with foreign exchange rates and converting between imperial and metric units is advantageous.