Salary : £32,000 – £38,000 (DOE)
MRM is a thriving, founder-owned enterprise SaaS start-up with over 40 staff spread over our offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Stirling. We are working with global drinks brands such as Bacardi, Diageo and Carlsberg to transform their product marketing in restaurants and bars.
Our flagship product ‘Brand Creator’ is used by our clients across Europe and we are now expanding globally to achieve our vision to become the global market leader in our industry.
To get there, we are building a world-class team which will enable us to scale and rapidly grow our customer base. Our employees have clearly defined responsibilities and are encouraged to explore new and innovative ways to provide the best solutions for our clients. In everything we do, we value simplicity and honesty.
Our engineering team is based in our Edinburgh office, located in the busy West End, just off Princes Street.
Our Engineering Team
We have a team of six full-stack software developers working collaboratively using agile methodologies to deliver new features on the roadmap and to provide ongoing maintenance for Brand Creator.
Whilst each engineer is involved in coding, they also have taken on additional responsibilities depending on their specific skill set, such as SCRUM master, support engineer, code quality lead, release lead or QA support.
We have a modern code base, much of it has been created over the last five years. Unit test coverage across front and back end is good, but we currently lack integration and end-to-end tests. We operate continuous integration and deployment (Circle CI, AWS and Azure) and automate standard processes as much as possible.
Our backend code is split across two platforms where we use C# and Node.JS respectively. On the .NET side we employ standard Visual Studio unit testing libraries and for Node.JS we use Mocha. Our frontend applications are based on React/React Native/Redux and tests run on Mocha.
We are looking for a QA/Software Tester with a strong passion for testing and test automation. You have a keen eye for detail and a thirst for learning. You are curious about how things are done and always seek ways of improving. You care about product quality and know how to balance speed and accuracy. You don’t shy away from taking on responsibility.
We want you to contribute, learn and grow your career as part of a collaborative team who value testers and their contribution to delivering scalable systems for high-profile clients.
- Design both automation and manual test solutions
- Perform manual testing in areas that haven’t been automated
- Focus on delivering a full suite of integration and end-to-end tests
- Liaise with internal teams to gather functional requirements for testing
- Review our approach to testing and recommend improvements
- Share your knowledge with the rest of the engineering team
- Contribute in other areas as part of the wider engineering team when relevant
Your Personal Skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities
- An academic background including a degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- Ability to engage effectively with other engineers and the product manager
- Desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Keen to take on responsibilities
- Fluent written and spoken English
Your Technical Skills
- Extensive experience in producing and executing manual test plans
- Extensive experience in automating tests for web applications and/or native apps (iOS/Android)
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and continuous integration
- Front end development experience in HTML/CSS, JS, React and Redux
- Back end development experience in at least one of NodeJS, C# or Python
- Postgres, SQL Server or MySQL DB experience
Nice to have
- React Native development
- Native app development (iOS/Android)