They are an international marketing technology company based in Edinburgh providing industry leading design software and services to global drinks brands such as Bacardi, Carlsberg, Diageo, Molson Coors and Pernod Ricard.
Over the last 12 months, they have rolled out into 20 international markets and doubled the size of the business in both revenue and headcount. Unique amongst Edinburgh tech companies, they are independently owned and profitable, which makes for a fast paced and customer focused working environment.
They are set to continue this phenomenal growth as they embark on a global rollout, which will see the business scale even faster and the demand for their software increase further.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working alongside the senior leadership team, you will be responsible for managing, leading and inspiring a talented team of agile developers, whilst continually driving cutting edge technical solutions.
As the most senior technology leader, you will be responsible for setting the technical vision, architecture and strategy while ensuring the business and technology strategy are aligned with the needs of customers. You will work closely with the commercial teams to ensure that we continue to build products and features that delight our customers. You will bring experience and best practice with you and can use this to contribute to the continuous improvement of our development, processes and methodologies. You will be happy to share your skills and knowledge within the team and across the wider organisation.
You will be responsible for everything from business ideas through to technology, software engineering and operations. You and your team will be accountable for running the systems you build, continually inventing new features and improving your performance against business and operational metrics.
The client works in close partnership with our customers and suppliers and from a technical perspective, you will be the lead technical contact for them. Therefore, you need to enjoy working directly with customers as this role will see you working with the IT teams of our customers and suppliers on projects which will include integrations, new product development and data architecture.
As part of the global rollout, you will be leading the project from a technology perspective and will be instrumental in the growth of the business as we expand into new markets and seek to overcome the challenges that presents.
- Leading, managing and motivating a multi-disciplined team to execute against the engineering strategy and roadmap
- Setting the overall engineering strategy and roadmaps for the business that will continue to innovate from a technical standpoint
- Creating and leading a resourcing strategy to attract potential and experienced engineers
- Developing a training programme that caters to the business needs to have resources working on the required technologies as well as progressing the multi skilling of our engineers
- Promoting the use of engineering standards and patterns in line with industry best practice to support the design and build of new cost-optimised products and services
- Ensuring the engineering teams work to our agreed architecture, engineering principles and governance
- Working with customers and suppliers overseeing the development of API integrations with software platforms such as SAP, Salesforce, Bynder and InRiver
- Where necessary, getting stuck in and using your coding experience to solve the trickiest of problems and building the most complex features
- Research the external environment and where appropriate, identify and recommend external partners for the delivery of best in class technologies suitable for our applications
- Reviewing and applying best practices to establish architecture and frameworks consistent with and supportive of the Product Strategy
- Identifying and implementing technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business
- Collaborating with the appropriate functions and users to evaluate and identify technology platforms for delivering the company’s products and internal services
Who You Are
You are someone who likes to work hard and is commercially driven and results oriented. You'll have a wealth of previous experience managing teams who deliver complex large-scale projects. You will be eager to work in a fast-paced environment, utilising modern tools, processes and techniques. You will be a true innovator - transforming complex problems into products the world hasn't seen.
You will be detail-driven, numerate and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should be a confident people manager with a track record of growing high performance teams.
You will have a system-wide, architectural view of the solutions that your team build. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis, research and technical design through to software development management using the latest technologies and design patterns.
We are looking for an inspiring software leader who has a passion for building products within a fast paced and innovative environment. You will have a passion for latest technologies, relish a very agile environment and are looking for genuine responsibility to deliver cutting edge solutions.
The ideal candidate will need to identify strongly with these 5 core values:
- Integrity - do what you say you are going to do
- Responsibility - take ownership and pro-actively look for opportunities to add value
- Customer Focus - understand our customer’s needs and exceed their expectations
- Adventure - get excited about stepping into the unknown and taking risks
- Simplicity - keep things simple and tell it like it is
- Strong software engineering background, ideally in building cloud based, scalable multi-tenanted applications
- Experience building, running and leading high performing, autonomous engineering teams
- You have an excellent understanding of a broad set of modern technologies across front end, back end and data platforms.
- Significant experience in cloud technical environment. Specifically, AWS and Azure.
- Strong knowledge of modern architectures and the tool-chains required to engineer solutions at scale.
- Experience of building API’s and integrating with 3rd party software such as Salesforce and SAP.
- Strong people management and leadership skills. Strong communication skills and able to influence senior business and technical stakeholders
- Track record of scaling product delivery in a commercial environment, and developing an engineering culture capable of speed, agility, and deep technology development
- Consumer experience and strong product intuition and passion, enjoy engaging on product plans
- Energetic, collaborative, an excellent communicator who thrives in a fast-paced, growth environment that embraces agile and experimentation-driven development
- You are passionate about software engineering best practices, including agile, TDD, and continuous delivery.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, escalate as needed, balance business needs versus technical constraints.
- Actively manage risks and issues.