A bit about the organisation…
We are currently working with a marketing technology company providing industry leading marketing design software and services to global brands such as Bacardi, Carlsberg, Diageo, Molson Coors, William Grant, L’Oreal and Pernod Ricard. Their vision is to become the global leader in B2B design creation software in the Food and Beverage industry. Their mission is to enable global brands to efficiently support more local customers with marketing that drives sales.
Your new job…
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced individual who has the ability to lead a growing and diverse design team while introducing new systems and processes to enable us to scale our operations as we grow rapidly. You will thrive in being in a client facing environment and have the ability to manage their needs alongside those of your team. You will be highly commercial and be able to ensure the agency is a key profit driver for the wider business.
We’re looking for someone who thrives on responsibility and is looking for an opportunity to build a world-class design team who can deliver at scale on a global basis. We need a highly motivated and ambitious individual who has significant experience in building, managing and scaling up a design team.
- Introduce new systems and workflow processes based on best practice to ensure that they can scale their design business significantly while meeting a high level of design quality and accuracy.
- Ensure that the studio maintain the appropriate resource levels to meet customer expectations by forecasting demand, hiring additional designers and using freelance resources during peak times.
- Lead, manage and coach a team of designers
- Work closely with the Financial Director to create a self-sustaining, profitable in-house agency
- Setting up and maintaining excellent file management, brand/legal guidelines and templates.
- Ensuring outstanding artwork consistency, quality within agreed turnaround times.
- Be the escalation point for customers and work with HQ brand teams to increase sales
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- 7+ years of people management experience
- Commercial acumen and entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Experience in implementing and managing a process-based operation to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity.
- A growth mindset and proven desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- 7+ years experience in the creative industry (creative team or client services)
- Experience of running a large team
- Experience of implementing workflow processes and systems to ensure the delivery of a very high volume of design jobs.
- Excellent commercial/financial understanding and demonstrable experience of identfying opportunities for growth.